Activism Discussion: NBC NEWS ..softball Questions

NBC NEWS ..softball Questions

Transition Zone
2006-05-21 11:52:47 EST
NBC News Tim Russert: [is the Bush White House going to close
Guantanamo Bay ?]

Cond: "If so, then what [would we do with terror suspects there, since
they've mentioned
going back to terrorism after released]

Tim Russert strangely fails to follow-up with: *You simply try them
in court *

Condi: "You do what you know to do at the time" [regarding whether WMD
existed in Iraq]

Tim again avoids following up with: *WMD was proven not to exist
in
Iraq before the March 2003 US invasion of Iraq*

US Rep Charlie Norwood (R-GA): 16 Americans went to New Mexico [to
deal with
Pancho Villa]. And its as bad as that now [the American people
think].

Tim again fails to follow-up and ask for any proof of such a claim.

With GE and other corporations broadcasting or putting into print this
sort of thing, why
is anyone wondering why the US has been defeated by EU and Pacific Rim
competitor states ??

Why even bother pleading to English-language reading audiences when the
nation's
stake-holders no longer even care about truth ??

*Maybe there are more meaningful audiences elsewhere*

Taylor
2006-05-21 12:45:14 EST

"Transition Zone" <mogulah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> NBC News Tim Russert: [is the Bush White House going to close
> Guantanamo Bay ?]
>
> Cond: "If so, then what [would we do with terror suspects there, since
> they've mentioned
> going back to terrorism after released]
>
> Tim Russert strangely fails to follow-up with: *You simply try them
> in court *

You can't try someone for a crime they haven't committed.

What are you going to do, get an injunction against Al Qaeda?

Alan Hope
2006-05-21 14:41:31 EST
Taylor goes:

>"Transition Zone" <mogulah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> NBC News Tim Russert: [is the Bush White House going to close
>> Guantanamo Bay ?]

>> Cond: "If so, then what [would we do with terror suspects there, since
>> they've mentioned
>> going back to terrorism after released]

>> Tim Russert strangely fails to follow-up with: *You simply try them
>> in court *

>You can't try someone for a crime they haven't committed.

So what, you keep them locked up forever for a crime they haven't
committed?

Incidentally, people are tried for crimes they haven't committed all
the time. It's because of the trial that we know they're innocent.

>What are you going to do, get an injunction against Al Qaeda?

When are Americans going to wise up? Al Qaeda is a made-up bogey-man.

You may as well have a war against The Soft Left, or The Caring
Society. There's no there there.

--
AH
http://sour-grapes.blogsource.com

Paul Ilechko
2006-05-21 16:08:18 EST
Alan Hope wrote:
> Taylor goes:

>>You can't try someone for a crime they haven't committed.
>

> So what, you keep them locked up forever for a crime they haven't
> committed?
>
> Incidentally, people are tried for crimes they haven't committed all
> the time. It's because of the trial that we know they're innocent.

There you go again, using logic. Don't you understand that the American
Right does not believe in logic ? Or facts, or truth, or reality in any
form other than the number on their tax refund ?

Transition Zone
2006-05-21 17:50:05 EST

John Oliver wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 May 2006 20:41:31 +0200, Alan Hope <not.alan.hope@mail.com>
>> wrote:
>Alan Hope wrote:
>> Taylor goes:
>>
>> >"Transition Zone" <mogulah@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> >You can't try someone for a crime they haven't committed.
>>
>> So what, you keep them locked up forever for a crime they haven't
>> committed?
>>
>> Incidentally, people are tried for crimes they haven't committed all
>> the time. It's because of the trial that we know they're innocent.
>>
>> >What are you going to do, get an injunction against Al Qaeda?
>>
>> When are Americans going to wise up? Al Qaeda is a made-up bogey-man.
>>
>> You may as well have a war against The Soft Left, or The Caring
>> Society. There's no there there.
>
> --
> AH
> http://sour-grapes.blogsource.com
> No point in replying

You seem very closed-minded and I'm sorry about that.

> - its cross posted to some activism groups.

I bet you have other reasons, too.

Francis A. Miniter
2006-05-21 19:05:35 EST

Transition Zone wrote:
> <snip>

> US Rep Charlie Norwood (R-GA): 16 Americans went to New Mexico [to
> deal with
> Pancho Villa]. And its as bad as that now [the American people
> think].
>
> Tim again fails to follow-up and ask for any proof of such a claim.

On March 9, 1916, about 250 Mexicans, followers of Pancho Villa, raided the town
of Columbus, New Mexico and killed 17 Americans, at the cost of 67 of their own.
Within a couple of weeks, the US actually mobilized 150,000 soldiers along the
length of the border and sent General Pershing into Mexico with between 6,000
and 12,000 of the troops. The expeditionary force included a couple hundred
trucks, a few rudimentary tanks, and a few airplanes. The expedition did not
stop border raids and (obviously) never captured Pancho Villa, who was also
being sought, unsuccessfully, by the an army under Carranza, who had recently
been recognized as the head of Mexico by the US. The expedition pulled out in
February, 1917.

The rugged, mountainous terrain prevented effective use of the American
technology, and the populous's sympathy for Villa made him just about impossible
to find.

Sound like something more recent?

Francis A. Miniter

Bitchin=27_Bonney_=3Cbibon=40r=E2lant=2Eorg=3E?=
2006-05-21 20:45:18 EST
On Sun, 21 May 2006 16:08:18 -0400, Paul Ilechko
<noSPaM_pilechko_DeLETe@patmedia.net> wrote:

>Alan Hope wrote:
>> Taylor goes:
>

>>>You can't try someone for a crime they haven't committed.
>>

>> So what, you keep them locked up forever for a crime they haven't
>> committed?
>>
>> Incidentally, people are tried for crimes they haven't committed all
>> the time. It's because of the trial that we know they're innocent.
>
>There you go again, using logic. Don't you understand that the American
>Right does not believe in logic ? Or facts, or truth, or reality in any
>form other than the number on their tax refund ?

But you're posting from the Philippines, how can you know this?

Paul Ilechko
2006-05-21 20:57:26 EST
Bitchin' Bonney wrote:
> On Sun, 21 May 2006 16:08:18 -0400, Paul Ilechko
> <noSPaM_pilechko_DeLETe@patmedia.net> wrote:
>

>>Alan Hope wrote:
>>
>>>Taylor goes:

>>>So what, you keep them locked up forever for a crime they haven't
>>>committed?
>>>
>>>Incidentally, people are tried for crimes they haven't committed all
>>>the time. It's because of the trial that we know they're innocent.
>>
>>There you go again, using logic. Don't you understand that the American
>>Right does not believe in logic ? Or facts, or truth, or reality in any
>>form other than the number on their tax refund ?
>

> But you're posting from the Philippines, how can you know this?

And you are apparently a lunatic.

Taylor
2006-05-22 10:35:34 EST

"Alan Hope" <not.alan.hope@mail.com> wrote in message
> Taylor goes:
>
>>"Transition Zone" <mogulah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> NBC News Tim Russert: [is the Bush White House going to close
>>> Guantanamo Bay ?]
>
>>> Cond: "If so, then what [would we do with terror suspects there, since
>>> they've mentioned
>>> going back to terrorism after released]
>
>>> Tim Russert strangely fails to follow-up with: *You simply try them
>>> in court *
>
>>You can't try someone for a crime they haven't committed.
>
> So what, you keep them locked up forever for a crime they haven't
> committed?
>
> Incidentally, people are tried for crimes they haven't committed all
> the time. It's because of the trial that we know they're innocent.

They have committed the act. The trial merely decides if they are guilty of
a crime.
The persons in Guantanamo were caught on the battlefield taking arms against
the US Military. As such, they are considered prisoners of war and will be
released when the war is over. The war will be over when the Islamofascists
announce they will not kill Americans, and mean it.

>>What are you going to do, get an injunction against Al Qaeda?
>
> When are Americans going to wise up? Al Qaeda is a made-up bogey-man.
>
> You may as well have a war against The Soft Left, or The Caring
> Society. There's no there there.
>

> --
> AH
> http://sour-grapes.blogsource.com

Paul Ilechko
2006-05-22 11:17:35 EST
Taylor wrote:

> They have committed the act. The trial merely decides if they are guilty of
> a crime.

How can you possibly know that? George Bush tell you, did he ?

> The persons in Guantanamo were caught on the battlefield taking arms against
> the US Military.

If you believe that's true of everyone in Guantanamo, i have a bridge to
sell you.

> As such, they are considered prisoners of war and will be
> released when the war is over. The war will be over when the Islamofascists
> announce they will not kill Americans, and mean it.

But what are we going to do about the Christofascists in Washington ?