Activism Discussion: God Bless Our Brave Marines

God Bless Our Brave Marines

George Orwell
2006-05-28 19:28:09 EST
News reports inform us that
American military officials
are now convinced that a
unit of Marines killed some
24 unarmed Iraqis, including
women and six children.

Some of the victims had been
shot "execution style."

=
And Happy Memorial Day to all!

A.Lurker
Anonymous.

LyingCheatingIncompetantFakeReligiousRepugliCons
2006-05-28 19:32:48 EST
bush loves it, the more blood the better, happy bloody day.

C*@hotmail.com
2006-05-29 01:44:49 EST
I read somewhere.... that Laura Bush has the blood of young children
killed in Iraq sent back to the whitehouse where she bathes in it.

Heard there is a special military detail in Iraq and afghanastan that
is on alert ot go into areas where children have been freshly killed
and this outfit drains and ships the blood back to DC on specially
equipped military aircraft.

Roedy Green
2006-05-29 01:55:38 EST
On 28 May 2006 22:44:49 -0700, cornytheclown@hotmail.com wrote, quoted
or indirectly quoted someone who said :

>I read somewhere....

Please provide the URL. Google does not have it on file.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green, http://mindprod.com
"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."

Crusader George
2006-05-29 09:18:48 EST
In article <1148859168.415439.268430@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
<*r@cashette.com> wrote:

> bush loves it, the more blood the better, happy bloody day.

and ;

Murtha: New Scandal Worse than Abu Ghraib

Via NY Transfer News Collective * All the News that Doesn't Fit

AP - May 28, 2006
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MARINES_IRAQ_INVESTIGATIONS?SITE=S
CFLO&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Murtha: New Scandal Worse Than Abu Ghraib

By DOUGLASS K. DANIEL
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The fallout from the killing of as many as two dozen
Iraqi civilians by Marines could undermine U.S. efforts in Iraq more than
the Abu Ghraib prison scandal did, a lawmaker who is a prominent war
critic
said Sunday.

The shootings last November at Haditha, a city in the Anbar province of
western Iraq that has been plagued by insurgents, were covered up, said
Rep.
John Murtha, D-Pa.

"Who covered it up, why did they cover it up, why did they wait so long?"
Murtha said on "This Week" on ABC. "We don't know how far it goes. It
goes
right up the chain of command."

A bomb rocked a military convoy on Nov. 19, killing a Marine. Marines
then
shot and killed unarmed civilians in a taxi at the scene and went into
two
homes and shot other people, according to Murtha, who has been briefed by
officials.

Murtha said high-level reports he received indicated that no one fired
upon
the Marines or that there was any military action against the U.S. forces
after the initial explosion. Yet the deaths were not seriously
investigated
until March because an early probe was stifled within days of the
incident,
he said.

"I will not excuse murder, and this is what happened," Murtha said. "This
investigation should have been over two or three weeks afterward and it
should have been made public and people should have been held responsible
for it."

Lt. Col. Scott Fazekas, a Marine Corps spokesman, told The Associated
Press
that the investigation was ongoing and he would have no comment.

Murtha, a former Marine and a prominent critic of Bush administration
policies in Iraq, repeated his view that the war in Iraq cannot be won
militarily and needs political solutions, which he said were damaged by
such
incidents involving the U.S.

"This is the kind of war you have to win the hearts and minds of the
people," he said. "And we're set back every time something like this
happens. This is worse than Abu Ghraib."

The U.S. effort to win over Iraqis and others in the Arab world by
fostering
a democratic government was severely damaged when it was revealed that
U.S.
military personnel had abused and humiliated people held at Abu Ghraib, a
prison outside of Baghdad.

The incident at Haditha has sparked two investigations - one into the
deadly
encounter itself and another into whether it was the subject of a
cover-up.

The second, noncriminal investigation is examining whether Marines
sought to
cover up what actually occurred that day and, in doing so, lied about
having
killed civilians without justification. The Marine Corps had initially
attributed 15 civilian deaths to the car bombing and a firefight with
insurgents, eight of whom the Marines reported had been killed.

A defense official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was
not
authorized to speak publicly, told The Associated Press on Friday that
evidence gathered so far strongly indicated that the Haditha killings
were
unjustified.

Early this year, a videotape of the aftermath of the incident, showing
the
bodies of women and children, was obtained by Time magazine and Arab
television stations. The military then undertook another investigation.

Sen. John Warner, the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee,
said
he would hold hearings on the killings but cautioned against reaching
conclusions until the military concluded its investigation.

"There is this serious question, however, of what happened and when it
happened and what was the immediate reaction of the senior officers in
the
Marine Corps when they began to gain knowledge of it," Warner said.

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service investigation into the
shootings is
not expected to be completed earlier than in June. Whether violations of
the
Uniform Code of Military Justice, including murder, would be pursued
would
be determined by a senior Marine commander in Iraq.

The NCIS also is conducting a criminal investigation into another
incident,
the death of an Iraqi civilian on April 26, involving Marines in
Hamandiyah,
west of Baghdad.

2006 The Associated Press.

--
If you see yourself in others, then whom can you harm?

Möbius_Pretzel?=
2006-05-29 09:22:21 EST
c*n@hotmail.com wrote:
> I read somewhere.... that Laura Bush has the blood of young children
> killed in Iraq sent back to the whitehouse where she bathes in it.

That's not true. She douches with it.

> Heard there is a special military detail in Iraq and afghanastan that
> is on alert ot go into areas where children have been freshly killed
> and this outfit drains and ships the blood back to DC on specially
> equipped military aircraft.

The neocons are vampires. Everybody knows that.