Technical Discussion: Books On SVR3 Streams

Books On SVR3 Streams

Matthew Farwell
1991-06-11 15:38:49 EST
Can anyone recommend a book on SVR3 streams. Also, does anyone have a copy
(soft or hard) of Dennis Ritchie's original paper on Streams?

AdvThanksance.

Dylan.
--
Matthew J Farwell: dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk || ...!uunet!ukc!ibmpcug!dylan
But you're wrong Steve. You see, its only solitaire.

Lance.norskog
1991-06-14 16:50:06 EST
d*n@ibmpcug.co.uk (Matthew Farwell) writes:

>Can anyone recommend a book on SVR3 streams. Also, does anyone have a copy
>(soft or hard) of Dennis Ritchie's original paper on Streams?

AT&T has 2 books on Streams programming which are mildly useful.
They don't help you much in writing a real network protocol implementation.
I have a Streams driver for the Nintendo joystick (you hook it to
a 386 UNIX printer port) if you want it.

Ritchie's Streams paper was in an issue of the Bell Systems Technical Journal
which was devoted to UNIX developments. 1978, I think.

Lance
t*n@netcom.com