Computers Discussion: Synchronizing

Synchronizing

Robert Lee Craig
2003-11-02 00:42:42 EST
Hello. I have a server running Windows Server 2003 and I am using Argosoft
Mail Server as my email server. The same computer is the main computer at
the store and I Microsoft Outlook to manage my email. Well, I just
purchased a laptop and I would like to put my email account on my laptop as
well using Outlook. I have a question, or problem. When I take my laptop
home during the evenings and send and receive mail, how do I synchronize
Outlook on my server with Outlook on my laptop so that nothing is lost?
Please reply by email so that I can get this problem resolved as soon as
possible. Thank you.

Robert Craig

Paul Russell
2003-11-04 05:25:29 EST
Use Outlook 2003 which has enhanced offline cache support of your mail
inbox.

--

Paul.

"Robert Lee Craig" <craigrobert@garretttires.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I have a server running Windows Server 2003 and I am using
Argosoft
> Mail Server as my email server. The same computer is the main computer at
> the store and I Microsoft Outlook to manage my email. Well, I just
> purchased a laptop and I would like to put my email account on my laptop
as
> well using Outlook. I have a question, or problem. When I take my laptop
> home during the evenings and send and receive mail, how do I synchronize
> Outlook on my server with Outlook on my laptop so that nothing is lost?
> Please reply by email so that I can get this problem resolved as soon as
> possible. Thank you.
>
> Robert Craig

Robert
2003-11-05 00:33:56 EST
You have any advice for Outlook XP?

Robert

"Paul Russell" <trackmanca@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> Use Outlook 2003 which has enhanced offline cache support of your mail
> inbox.
>
> --
>
> Paul.
>

> "Robert Lee Craig" <craigrobert@garretttires.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. I have a server running Windows Server 2003 and I am using
> Argosoft
> > Mail Server as my email server. The same computer is the main computer
at
> > the store and I Microsoft Outlook to manage my email. Well, I just
> > purchased a laptop and I would like to put my email account on my laptop
> as
> > well using Outlook. I have a question, or problem. When I take my
laptop
> > home during the evenings and send and receive mail, how do I synchronize
> > Outlook on my server with Outlook on my laptop so that nothing is lost?
> > Please reply by email so that I can get this problem resolved as soon as
> > possible. Thank you.
> >
> > Robert Craig

Paul Russell
2003-11-05 06:36:10 EST
There is some other manual ways to do this using OST files, it eludes me but
the support website should be able to help.

These may be starters for you

http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/joycetang/article3.asp
http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/joycetang/default.asp

--

Paul.

"Robert" <craigrobert@garretttires.com> wrote in message
> You have any advice for Outlook XP?
>
> Robert
>
> "Paul Russell" <trackmanca@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> > Use Outlook 2003 which has enhanced offline cache support of your mail
> > inbox.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Paul.
> >

> > "Robert Lee Craig" <craigrobert@garretttires.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello. I have a server running Windows Server 2003 and I am using
> > Argosoft
> > > Mail Server as my email server. The same computer is the main
computer
> at
> > > the store and I Microsoft Outlook to manage my email. Well, I just
> > > purchased a laptop and I would like to put my email account on my
laptop
> > as
> > > well using Outlook. I have a question, or problem. When I take my
> laptop
> > > home during the evenings and send and receive mail, how do I
synchronize
> > > Outlook on my server with Outlook on my laptop so that nothing is
lost?
> > > Please reply by email so that I can get this problem resolved as soon
as
> > > possible. Thank you.
> > >
> > > Robert Craig

Craig
2003-11-07 06:37:13 EST
"Paul Russell" <trackmanca@speakeasy.net> wrote in message news:<ZrOcnX3fmsYDfTWiXTWc-w@speakeasy.net>...
> There is some other manual ways to do this using OST files, it eludes me but
> the support website should be able to help.
>
> These may be starters for you
>
> http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/joycetang/article3.asp
> http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/joycetang/default.asp
>

> --
>
> Paul.
>

> "Robert" <craigrobert@garretttires.com> wrote in message
> > You have any advice for Outlook XP?
> >
> > Robert
> >
> > "Paul Russell" <trackmanca@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> > > Use Outlook 2003 which has enhanced offline cache support of your mail
> > > inbox.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Paul.
> > >

> > > "Robert Lee Craig" <craigrobert@garretttires.com> wrote in message
> Argosoft
> computer
> at
> laptop
> as
> laptop
> synchronize
> lost?
> as

Dianna said:
I am a inexperienced computer operator. I have a ibm
netvista home computer with windowsxp and internet
explorer 6.
I accidently synchronized a program from the web onto my
desktop and don't know how to get it off there.
could anyone give me some help?

I Say: Synchronizing a program from the web onto your desktop just
means you have sychronized a shortcut to the main program, all you
have to do is just delete the short cut and create a new one.

You only really need to sychronize a program for when u r connected to
a network or internet and u want to make the file available offline.

With Regards

Craig, Computer Technician