Computers Discussion: OT: Archive Of Old Microsoft Press Releases?

OT: Archive Of Old Microsoft Press Releases?

Bobby.neal
2003-12-21 13:10:36 EST
Sorry these newsgroups were the closest thing to what I was looking for.

But, I am curious if there is somewhere on the net an archive of OLD
Microsoft press releases for certain products.

AS an example I'd love to read the Microsoft press release ( or something
more technical for us geeks ) for MS-DOS 2.0.. or MS-DOS 3.3 or MS-DOS 5.
or Windows 95. lol... just for the hell of it really. I'd love to see
what the " NEW and improved features" of MS-DOS 3.3 were and why I should
upgrade. Hehehe.

Yeah its kinda silly but I know somewhere out there these old press
releases and maybe even more technical information that was not JUST for the
press is sitting in a dark corner of the internet "gathering dust".

I'd love to dig them up. I looked on the microsoft web site. If this type
info is archived on www.microsoft.com I must not have searched for it
correctly.

Any ideas?

Jaja Nalaka Di Froni
2003-12-21 14:30:54 EST
"bobby.neal" <nospam@mchsi.com> wrote in

> Sorry these newsgroups were the closest thing to what I was
> looking for.
>
> But, I am curious if there is somewhere on the net an
> archive of OLD Microsoft press releases for certain
> products.
>
> AS an example I'd love to read the Microsoft press release
> ( or something more technical for us geeks ) for MS-DOS
> 2.0.. or MS-DOS 3.3 or MS-DOS 5. or Windows 95. lol...
> just for the hell of it really. I'd love to see what the "
> NEW and improved features" of MS-DOS 3.3 were and why I
> should upgrade. Hehehe.
>
> Yeah its kinda silly but I know somewhere out there these
> old press releases and maybe even more technical
> information that was not JUST for the press is sitting in
> a dark corner of the internet "gathering dust".
>
> I'd love to dig them up. I looked on the microsoft web
> site. If this type info is archived on www.microsoft.com I
> must not have searched for it correctly.

Just as an aside, if you want to look at old hype, the cnn site
is good for this. I amused myself one nite reading the java
hype back in 98, man was that funny.

enjoy!

D*@Florence.edu
2003-12-21 15:01:23 EST
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:10:36 GMT, "bobby.neal" <nospam@mchsi.com>
wrote:

>Sorry these newsgroups were the closest thing to what I was looking for.
>
>But, I am curious if there is somewhere on the net an archive of OLD
>Microsoft press releases for certain products.
>
>AS an example I'd love to read the Microsoft press release ( or something
>more technical for us geeks ) for MS-DOS 2.0.. or MS-DOS 3.3 or MS-DOS 5.
>or Windows 95. lol... just for the hell of it really. I'd love to see
>what the " NEW and improved features" of MS-DOS 3.3 were and why I should
>upgrade. Hehehe.
>
>Yeah its kinda silly but I know somewhere out there these old press
>releases and maybe even more technical information that was not JUST for the
>press is sitting in a dark corner of the internet "gathering dust".
>
>I'd love to dig them up. I looked on the microsoft web site. If this type
>info is archived on www.microsoft.com I must not have searched for it
>correctly.
>
>Any ideas?

Try looking for an old "Byte" magazine archive. Back in the late
70's they were arguing about whether CPM would be replaced by MSDOS or
not. Some of the old articles in retrospect are pretty funny and the
computer kits they sold back then are an education to read about.