Wanted Discussion: Computer Systems Needed

Computer Systems Needed

Chris Cebelenski
1991-02-21 21:05:09 EST
Recently, I've seen quite a few older systems being offered for sale
for low sums of money. Instead of this, I ask you to consider the
following:

I restore, reprogram, and then donate computer systems to
schools and other non-profit organisations (churches,etc).
I do this mostly for the experience and contacts, and no
*NO* money ever changes hands during this process. Mostly
I've depended on local companies to provide me with hardware,
but that well is drying up rapidly. To date I have restored
3 PDP-11 systems (2 donated to schools, one is still here awaiting
a pickup), 2 CP/M machines (Both went to a catholic school in
NY), and an old VIC-20 (which is now quite happy at a pre-school
teaching young people about the alphabet.)
If you or your company has any older computer systems laying
about, would you consider donating them to me? I'm not a company,
so I don't know about tax write-offs and the like, and I can't
offer any sort of monatary recompense, but I can gaurentee that
these systems and software will be put to good use.

What I accept: Old mini-computers and micro-computers (complete and
in pieces.) Terminals, drives and tape systems, software of
any shape and size (OS's are especially helpful!), MANUALS (again,
very helpful!) old computer magazines (Schools love these!),
and anything else laying around. In short, anything! Not everything
will be used, but things have a way of becomming useful! (Thanks D.R.W.
for those bus terminators! Really needed them!) (And, thanks C.P.P.,
that BA-123 really was helpful!)

Hoping to hear from YOU,
Chris

Chris Cebelenski UUCP: portal.com!gdc!aminet!czaeap!cpc
The Red Mage : cpc@czaeap.UUCP
// "Amiga - The way REAL people compute"
\X/
Sex, and Drugs, and Rock and Roll-Playing! (DEVO RULES)
NOTE: Due to brain dead mailers, this message can *NOT* be REPLIED to, to
reach me you MUST send a NEW message. Sorry!

Peter Theune
1991-02-22 16:16:39 EST
c*c@czaeap.UUCP (Chris Cebelenski) writes:

>Recently, I've seen quite a few older systems being offered for sale
>for low sums of money. Instead of this, I ask you to consider the
>following:

Lot's of stuff deleted.

> Hoping to hear from YOU,
> Chris

Chris,

Sounds like a _Good Thing_ you are doing. I would like to help you out,
but your host is unknown to my host, and you left no other address.

Your mailer can probably send mail to me, drop me a note, I might be
able to reply to it.

How do I get in touch with you???

Peter Theune
JHU/APL
Johns Hopkins Rd. Laurel Md. 20723
(301) 953 6064

t*e@mailer.jhuapl.edu theune@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu

>--
> Chris Cebelenski UUCP: portal.com!gdc!aminet!czaeap!cpc
> The Red Mage : cpc@czaeap.UUCP
> // "Amiga - The way REAL people compute"
> \X/
> Sex, and Drugs, and Rock and Roll-Playing! (DEVO RULES)
>NOTE: Due to brain dead mailers, this message can *NOT* be REPLIED to, to
>reach me you MUST send a NEW message. Sorry!

Elliot Mednick
1991-02-27 16:35:10 EST
In article <1991Feb22.211639.3852@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu>,
t*e@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Peter Theune) writes:
> cpc@czaeap.UUCP (Chris Cebelenski) writes:
>
> >Recently, I've seen quite a few older systems being offered for sale
> >for low sums of money. Instead of this, I ask you to consider the
> >following:
>
> Sounds like a _Good Thing_ you are doing. I would like to help you out,
> but your host is unknown to my host, and you left no other address.

I also cannot reach you; please send me mail with a phone number.

__
Elliot Mednick (elliot@encore.com) | This .signature file is undergoing
Encore Computer Corp. | remodeling for your convenience.
Marlborough, MA. 01752 | Please pardon our appearance.

Chris Cebelenski
1991-03-09 13:20:48 EST

This is in response to my "Computer systems needed" message of about
a week ago.

It seems many people have tried contacting me about this, but due to
whatever problems in mail routing they could not reach me. If anyone
wishes to contact me they can call me at: (203) 758-8334. This is a voice
number, and I'm only there evenings and weekends. You MIGHT be able to
reach me at Aetna in Hartford, the number there is 273-8083 (I think! It's
changed recently not I'm no longer sure!)