Wanted Discussion: Switch Settings On The Motherboard Of An IBM-PC XT

Switch Settings On The Motherboard Of An IBM-PC XT

Dan Troxel
1990-09-24 13:39:39 EST

I purchased a used IBM XT Model 5160. I have no docs, and I
need the switch settings on the motherboard and what they are used for.
In perticular, monitor settings. I have been having trouble getting
my mono card working on the darn thing!

Thanks in advance.

--
Dan Troxel @ Handwriting Research Corporation WK 1-602-957-8870
Camelback Corporate Center 2821 E. Camelback Road Suite 600 Phoenix, AZ 85016

Robin Amano
1990-09-24 19:54:55 EST
In article <201647@hrc.UUCP> dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel) writes:

>I purchased a used IBM XT Model 5160. I have no docs, and I
>need the switch settings on the motherboard and what they are used for.
>In perticular, monitor settings. I have been having trouble getting
>my mono card working on the darn thing!

PC XT 256K-640K SYSTEM BOARD

Switch Function

1 normal operation; always off
2 ON without coprocessor
OFF with coprocessor
3/4 ON/ON 256K
OFF/ON 512K
OFF/OFF 640K
5/6 ON/ON IBM EGA (alone or w/another adapter) or
no adapter at all
OFF/ON IBM CGA 40X25
ON/OFF IBM CGA 80X25
OFF/OFF IBM MONOCHROME & printer adapter or
Monochrome & printer adapter + CGA together
7/8 ON/ON 1 Disk Drive
OFF/ON 2 Disk Drives

PC XT 64K-256K SYSTEM BOARD

3/4 ON/ON 64K