Wanted Discussion: NEEDED: PC Graphics Library

NEEDED: PC Graphics Library

Ralph Seguin
1991-05-15 01:28:21 EST
Hi. I need to have a graphics library for the PC to satisfy the following
criteria:

-autodetect of card
-initialization of card
-support for most existing standards (need vga,svga,etc)
-drawing primitives
-bitmap level routines (not really necessary, but desirable)
-device independent
-souce would be nice but not necessary
-anonymous ftp preferred
-PD preferred, but commercial is fine as long as there is only a single fee
(ie, there are no royalties)

Thanks, Ralph

Ralph Seguin rps@arbortext.com
536 South Forest Apt. #915 gilgalad@zip.eecs.umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI 48104 (313) 662-4805

Joe Huffman
1991-05-16 04:46:02 EST
g*d@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) writes:

>Hi. I need to have a graphics library for the PC to satisfy the following
>criteria:

Zortech 'Flash Graphics' meets most of your needs and comes 'free' with the
purchase of the C++ compiler...

>-autodetect of card

Yes.

>-initialization of card

Yes.

>-support for most existing standards (need vga,svga,etc)

Yes -- Hercules monochrom, CGA, EGA,
VGA (modes 0x12, 0x13, VESA modes 0x6A and 0x102), TIGA (in beta test),
8514A (requires 8514 API).

Yes -- header file with all prototypes available on request from fg@proto.com.

>-bitmap level routines (not really necessary, but desirable)

Yes.

>-device independent

Yes.

>-souce would be nice but not necessary

Yes -- approx. $200.00 with addtional educational discount available.

>-anonymous ftp preferred

No. Call 800-848-8408 or email to sales@zortech.com with your
VISA/MasterCard number.

>-PD preferred, but commercial is fine as long as there is only a single fee
> (ie, there are no royalties)

Commercial but no royalities required.

> Thanks, Ralph

You are welcome,