Wanted Discussion: Altos 586 Worth?

Altos 586 Worth?

Pete Schmitt
1991-05-15 11:43:08 EST
I need to find out what an Altos 586 is worth these days. This one
has Xenix 3.0e installed and the tape drive is broken. It has 840K
of ram and 6 async ports. It has a working 5 1/4 720K floppy. (xenix format)
It has a 30M internal harddrive.

--
Peter Schmitt UNIX Consultant
Kiewit Computation Center Computing Services

Fred Rump From Home
1991-05-17 00:56:55 EST
p*e@othello.dartmouth.edu (Pete Schmitt) writes:

>I need to find out what an Altos 586 is worth these days. This one
>has Xenix 3.0e installed and the tape drive is broken. It has 840K
>of ram and 6 async ports. It has a working 5 1/4 720K floppy. (xenix format)
>It has a 30M internal harddrive.

How about a hundred bucks to be kind. We simply tell the customer to trash
them when they upgrade to real computers.

fred
--
W. Fred Rump office: fred.COMPU.COM
26 Warren St. home: fred@icdi10.COMPU.COM